Monday, October 14, 2013

Hullo, Monday

Today was just the way I like it: productive. I finished the short story I started last week (the first in years!) and am pretty pleased with it. The story took on a life of its own at the end, which is also just the way I like it. I start the car, then let the characters drive...

After I finished that little number, I went over the outline for my NaNoWriMo story. It's really filling in nicely. Almost too nicely, to be honest (never trust a seemingly perfect idea; that was in the New Testament, wasn't it?). I joked earlier that at the rate I'm going, by the time November starts, I'll be writing the story Mad Libs style. I worked out another nugget before lunch that just might lead to a possible ending. We'll see how the main character feels about it at the halfway point. She has the deciding vote (yes, she).

After NaNoPrep, I started another short story--one of the ideas I researched and did some outlining for over the summer. I foresaw it as part of an eventual collection, though they might take some time to write, as I only have ideas for four out of eight of them. In the meantime, I'll just try to sell 'em as I pen 'em. This one in particular is exciting because it features zombies (or at least a zombie) and that's a first for me. I've done ghosts, vampires, freaky people of all kinds, but no folks of the reanimated persuasion. So, that's exciting. I'm nearly 3k in and I can't wait to see how it works out. This one I have outlined from beginning to end, but I'm still excited.

In other news, I finished Dr. Sleep yesterday. No spoilers, but, dear god, what a beautiful book. I don't even have the time to express my undying love for Stephen King. He always leaves me wanting more...

No comments:

Post a Comment